It has six different game modes: Campaign, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Defend the Flag, Bomber and Time-Trial.
In addition to the game modes, there are twelve mutators which extend the game modes:
- Teamplay ? Default on CTF, DTF, and bomber-ball; splits players into Alpha(blue) and Omega(red) teams and uses bots to make it even if there is an odd number of players.
- Instagib ? One shot kills and rifles only unless using Ballistic or Mideval mutators.
- Onslaught ? Adds neutral waves of zombies to fight.
- Vampire ? Hurting other people increases the attacker’s health.
- Medieval ? Swords only.
- Ballistic ? Rocket launchers only.
- Arena ? Have a choice of two weapons.
- Expert ? Only headshots deal damage.
- Duel ? Two people at a time; other players on a server observe and wait.
- Survivor ? Everyone spawns at once then last man standing wins.
- Hover ? Replaced jetpack in v1.1. Players may hover upon double-jumping.
- Resize ? As a player’s your health decreases, so does their size.
- League ? Attributes of character’s size and speed are determined by their choice of weapon.
Furthermore, Red Eclipse’s game modes could have multiple mutators to extend the mode, such as having Capture the Flag with the Instagib, Teamplay, and hover mutators, which enables one-shot-one-kill styled gameplay, and players to hover.
- Available for Windows, Linux/BSD and Mac OSX
- Parkour, impulse boosts & dashing, and power jumps
- Favourite gamemodes with tons of mutators and variables
- Builtin editor lets you create your own maps cooperatively online